Nov 262013

I fixed all of the cringe-worthy typos in In This Dream of Ours’ old script over the weekend (seperate and eachother, I’m looking at you). I’ve jotted down notes for a few scenes that I’d like to add, but I admit that I haven’t started writing it into script form yet. My main worry is keeping the game’s pacing tight. I don’t want it to turn into a words for the sake of words situation, and I really don’t want to add things in that were obvious enough to the readers already.

Like with anything in life, it’s all trial and error. I’ll give some more thought to this once I’ve done some actual script work.

Artwise, we’re moving into the inking phase. The expression list has been sent off and Raakel’s pretty much ready to go, pending an e-mail I should really reply to soon. Seriously: open communication lines between an artist and a writer are super important. I don’t think I have to tell anyone that, though!

Tadashi will be the first one up. Below are some of his sketches from ages ago. If you read my last blog post, you can probably tell which design we went with!


Still trying to figure out what the GUI might look like. I’m thinking minimal, but I don’t want to think too far ahead until at least two sprites are finished. I confess that I was taking a (weak) page from Narcissu with the first design. I don’t think it will be the same way this time. It’s gotta be something that really works with the character art. Hm… must muse about this later.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.